Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

yarn along


Forgive the picture this week, please.  I can't decide whether I love that it's overexposed or not, but it's the only one I have, so here we are.

I finished the scrappy linen stitch scarf I was knitting last week and love it.  I blogged about it yesterday.

This week, I'm starting my Christmas knitting.  I'm making my oldest daughters each a pair of fingerless mitts.  They keep stealing mine, and they're way too big anyway, so each is getting a pair.  I'm just making them long and plain stockinette, because sometimes I just don't want to have to think about what's coming up next in the pattern.  I'm using some leftover Malabrigo for this pair.  

And I need some help from all of you.  I want to make my 1 year old niece a sweater for Christmas.  I'm eyeing In Threes.  I'm open to other suggestions, though, too.  I want to make something special for her.  The only stipulation is that it has to be for worsted weight since I've already picked out the yarn.  Please suggest away!

I'm about three-quarters of the way through Made for You and Me.  I'm finding this book interesting to read.  It's a memoir of a couple from Maine who moved west to California to seek greater career opportunities right as the recession was starting.  Finding themselves unexpectedly pregnant, then with a newborn and without work, they must move back home to Maine.  The book examines the idea of "going west" that Americans have--an image that evokes limitless opportunity--with the perceived loss of the American dream brought about by the recession.  

What are you reading and knitting this week?  And thanks to Ginny for hosting another Yarn Along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...