Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

a wool scarf, on a 60 degree day in November


My scrappy linen stitch scarf is done!  What a fun, interesting knit.  I finished this late last week and spent most of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs weaving in the ends.  (Not my movie of choice on a Friday night, but it was the kids' pick.)  I think I'm in a minority of knitters who enjoy weaving in ends--I find it very peaceful--and thank goodness because I had over 50 of them to do.

I used a variety of worsted weight yarn scraps for this scarf.  Some were solids, some were variegated.  I worked most yarns for just about 2 rows each.  I made the mistake at the beginning of the scarf of changing yarns at the start of a row.  When I saw how many yarn tails I was accumulating on one side of the scarf, I realized I had to start changing yarns mid row, and staggering where I did that, to space out some of the weaving in later on.

I wore the scarf this weekend when it was cold and loved it.  It's super warm and just the right length.  But when I finally got around to taking pictures of it today, it was over 60 degrees outside.  In Maine.  In November.  My kids didn't jump at the opportunity, but my oldest indulged me anyway.

::project details::
Pattern: Linen Stitch Scarf
Ravelry page:  Scrappy Linen Stitch Scarf

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...