Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

yarn along


Joining Ginny at small things for another Yarn Along...

Since it's been raining since Saturday, I've found a lot of time to knit.  I managed to finish the sweater I was working on last week, and I started a baby gift for a dear friend and a pair of fingerless mitts.  The fingerless mitts are from my Low Tide Convertible Mitten pattern...I'm just going to make these without the mitten cap.

My dear friend is having a baby next week and we don't know whether it's a girl or boy.  I wanted to be able to bring her a gift for the baby in the hospital, so I chose a cream colored cotton/acrylic blend and I'm really happy with how nicely it's working up.  This is my friend's third child and I wasn't quite sure what to give her, but since we're heading into winter, I figured a hat and mitten set would be perfect.  I've finished one mitten and I'm almost done with the hat.  I can't wait to meet this little baby!

I'm about to start reading Alice Hoffman's The Dovekeepers.  I know nothing about this book.  I chose it because it was on the new fiction rack at the library and because Toni Morrison, one of my favorite authors, endorsed it.

While at the library, I also picked up Weekend Furniture Facelifts.  I have a cedar chest that belonged to my grandmother that is in desperate need of some paint, but I have no idea how or where to start.  I don't imagine for one second that any furniture painting project would take me only one weekend, but I can hope.

And I picked up a few children's books that I've wanted to read with the girls.  Two Strega Nona books, written and illustrated by Tomie dePaolo, and a Tasha Tudor sampler, based on one of your yarn along suggestions in the past couple of weeks.  Tomie dePaolo is visiting one of our local bookstores later this month, and I want my girls to be familiar with his work before we go.  They own copies of his children's bible but a friend recommended his Strega Nona series too.

I'm interested in seeing what you're all reading and knitting this week.  When you leave a comment, please feel free to include a link to your yarn along post.

And please feel free to enter my Give Thanks Hat and Mitten pattern giveaway here.  Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...