Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Yarn Along

Now that school is back in session, I'm hoping I can find a new routine with blogging.  This is my last minute Yarn Along entry for today:



I'm working on a red version of this sweater.  I'm using Knit Pick's Swish Bulky in "Hollyberry."  I've also been working on a fingering weight sweater for my daughter, and it's astonishing how much more quickly bulky yarn knits up.  I'm finalizing the pattern for the cowl neck sweater and if anyone is interested in testing out a girls' size 12 or 14/16, please let me know.

I'm reading The Lost City of Z by David Grann .  I chose this book to read because I find exploratory journeys into the Amazon fascinating.  My most favorite historical non-fiction book is The Mapmaker's Wife by Robert Whitaker.  I read The Mapmaker's Wife several years ago.  It was one of those books that was so interesting, it kept me up late at night.  It chronicles the journey that an 18th century Peruvian upper-class young woman undertakes to find her French husband who has set off down the Amazon.  Imagine traveling the Amazon in the 1700s and starting off your journey in a silk gown.  I can't say enough how fascinating I found this book!

Thanks to Ginny at small things for hosting another Yarn Along.

Please share what you're reading and knitting.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...