Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

I don't know what it is about Valentine's Day, but I have a serious weakness for paper heart doilies. I bought a bunch this year for my daughters to use in making their Valentine's cards.

P1000331


We spent yesterday doing most of our Valentine's Day prep. Chocolate dipped strawberries for my daughter's preschool class, heart shaped watermelon cutouts for my other daughter's class party, heart shaped red velvet cakes with cream cheese frosting for our dessert tonight. Nothing too original, but my kids love it and that's all that matters.

P1000330


And this little treat showed up on my doorstep today. Not a present, but I've been waiting anxiously for it ever since last week. And it's stunning, just like I'd hoped it would be. I'm promising myself that I won't touch it until I've finished knitting the sweater I started a year ago. Only 4 inches or so left. I hope I can hold out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...