Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

some recent customs

I'm having a great time knitting lately. I've finished 2 customs within the last couple of weeks, and I've even made something for myself.

The first custom is a Juliette skirty knit with Mosaic Moon's "Selah" colorway on Cestari Superfine.

"Selah" Juliette skirty



The second custom is a pair of shorts knit with Southwest Spectrum's "Fall Fiesta" colorway on BFL. I hadn't knit with BFL in a long time...what a treat!

kate's shorts



This final picture is a Baktus scarf that I made for myself as part of Ravelry's Ravelympics. If a knitter completes a project during the Ravelympics, he or she is awarded a medal and named a Ravthlete.

my baktus



I need to be completely honest with myself. This is the closest I will ever come again to being an "athlete." As an aside, the first time I came close to being an athlete was playing softball in middle school. After catching a ball right between the eyes playing right field and striking out multiple times, I ended that career. The second time I cam close to being an athlete was running track in middle school. I finished dead last in every race I ever ran. Maybe once I finished second to last, but probably only once.

Here's one of the medals I received for my scarf. I love Bob the Boston Terrier...reminds me of the little devil of a boston terrier that I grew up with, Trixie. If I were still a child, I'd hang this medal right next to my dancing and bowling trophies. Yes, I have a couple of bowling trophies.

1 comment:

I love reading your comments. Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...