Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Yarn Along (#17)


After writing a feeling sorry for myself blog post on Monday, I decided to stop complaining and just start knitting something.  I had bought some bulky yarn months ago with the intention of making a sweater for my daughter.  I tried to force the yarn to be something else--a sideways cabled sweater--and it just wasn't working.  So I ditched all of my swatching for that sweater, and instead I am returning to my original idea.  (It's easy for me to overthink knitting sometimes, and right now I just want the satisfaction of making something.)

So I'm just going to work it out as I go, using Ann Budd's The Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Pattern as a guide.   I'm using Cascade's bulky superwash and it's just so nice to be flying along quickly.  What you can see above is just the bottom ribbing, but that worked up quickly in about 30 minutes.

I'm still reading The Forgotten Garden and really enjoying it.  I love stories that span different time periods and generations and it's something of a mystery too. And I love the idea of forgotten spaces--whether they be homes or gardens.

I'd love to see what you're knitting and reading this week.  Thanks for stopping by!  And thanks to Ginny at small things for hosting another Yarn Along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...