Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

some recent customs

I've been busy working on a few customs as well as finalizing the Lucia Sweater pattern.

I crocheted 2 newsboy caps for the children of a customer, who is also a dear friend of mine. While I've used traditional cotton in the past, I experimented with using organic cotton this time. Since the organic cotton I used shrinks vertically, I modified the pattern and then washed the hat to make sure it shrank like I thought it would. I tried it on my daughter and this picture just makes me giggle. She looks like she's thinking, "You want to mess with me?"



My friend requested pink flowers to go with the hats. I crocheted the flowers and sewed them on to a button so that they could button the flower onto the hats or remove them whenever they wanted. The cotton is a naturally occurring camel color and should go with almost anything.



I also just finished knitting a soaker for a customer using ...a time to dye's "Eden" colorway on Blackberry Ridge merino. This is a cheerful and bright colorway that will make a perfect summer soaker.

"eden" soaker

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...