Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

I almost kept this one.

One of the things I love about knitting for others is that I get sent all kinds of beautiful yarn to knit. Last month a customer sent me a large bag full of wool scraps to be knit into pants and a hat for her son. I had made my husband a stocking cap a couple of years ago so I offered to make her one, scaled down to size for her son.

This is the resulting hat:

IMG_1286



I absolutely love this hat. I'm not entirely sure why, but I wanted to keep it for my own children. I have girls, and the older girls are into be "girly," so neither of them would have worn it. But it's got the sweetest shape and I love the mixture of colors. I wish I had taken a photo after I had attached the pom pom, but I forgot.

These are the pants I posted about last month. They are now on their way to their new home, and I did send the hat along too.

k's mixed longies

3 comments:

  1. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I appreciate the encouragement. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...