Pages

Monday, July 7, 2008

Market bags for little farmer's market shoppers

A customer who ordered a wool play food set from me this week asked if I had any ideas about what to put the foods in. I had thought about this since starting to sell the play food. But this weekend I sat down and worked on a few ideas. I came up with a darling market bag for the fruits and veggies. It's crocheted, stretchy, and the perfect size for little shoppers.

market bag tester

christina_custom food

My daughters now want a market bag too for our weekly trips to our farm share. This is our first year participating in a farm share and it's been an adventure for us. We've been introduced to all kinds of new veggies--from kohlrabi to chinese cabbage to beets--and I'm getting reacquainted with my love of cooking. I'm having to search out new recipes for all these veggies. Here are some of my favorites so far.

For kohlrabi, try it roasted with butternut squash: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/ROASTED-KOHLRABI-AND-BUTTERNUT-SQUASH-236414
For swiss chard, try this roasted, creamy dish: http://beyondsalmon.blogspot.com/2006/07/technique-of-week-how-to-cook-swiss.html This was so good, I'll forever be buying swiss chard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...