Pages

Monday, March 3, 2008

Spotlighting Beneath the Rowan Tree

I've been a little lazy getting these spotlights done lately, but I'm hoping to get myself back on track.

Lori of Beneath the Rowan Tree dyes and hand paints all of her clothing items. While she carries mainly clothing for children--T shirts, dresses, hoodies, pants, and shorts--she also carried items for women. One of my favorite T shirts she's created is this Birds on a Wire, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why it's still in stock!



In reading her blog today, I saw that she's been working on a series of items featuring characters from Alice in Wonderland. She's been using the works of John Tenniel as inspiration. I love 19th century children's illustrations, and I love the illustrations Tenniel did for Alice in Wonderland. Here's an example of what Lori created. She's a talented woman to take those illustrations and render them beautifully on fabric!



Lori also carries Square Roots--wooden play tiles that she's painted, and Art Pops-- molded crayons on a lollipop stick!

Check out Beneath the Rowan Tree on her blog or her main website . Lori stocks on her own Hyena Cart, on the congos In Their Hands and Take Off Your Shoes, and on Etsy.

1 comment:

I love reading your comments. Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...