Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

weekend knitting


I had high hopes for this weekend.  Fall weekends are rare things of beauty.  Time to pick apples, work outside in the yard, attend a festival where the kids can ride a pony and paint a pumpkin.  I had a photo shoot at an apple orchard planned for a sweater design I'm finishing up.

But it has rained for the past 2 days.  (And in the case of the photo shoot, my photographer has decided to take a Sunday afternoon nap.  That's what happens when the photographer works for free and it's cold and dreary outside!)  So I'm resolved to being inside and knitting.  I have two friends having babies in the next two months.  One of these babies is arriving next week.  So I'm making him or her a pair of newborn mittens and a matching hat.  I haven't knit on dpn's in a long time and, while I don't love the fiddly-ness of it all, I do love bamboo needles.  I started Friday night:  one mitten down, one to go.  And most of the hat is done too.

Tonight I need to get started on some fingerless mitts.  I'll have the pleasure of working with Three Irish Girl's Springvale Superwash merino in her "Ice Blue Raspberry" colorway.  I have a thing for blue raspberry.


I've got a giveaway going on now for my Give Thanks Hat and Mitten pattern set.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...