Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 7 :: Your knitting and crochet time


When I was in middle school, my family moved from Massachusetts to Maine.  We spent a lot of time in the car to make visits to family who were still in our hometown.  My dad listened to a lot of NPR, namely Car Talk, and the Doobie Brothers.  I considered this torture at the time.  Actually, I still consider listening to the Doobie Brothers torture.  But I'm now a total NPR convert.

One of my favorite shows is This American Life.  I fell in love with it after hearing this episode: Fiasco, especially Act One.  I've probably listened to this episode over 10 times, and each time I hear it, I laugh so hard I cry.

I tell this story because I'm usually listening to NPR while I knit.  I listen to broadcasts I missed during the week.  Sometimes, if my husband has rented a movie I don't think I'll like, I'll sit next to him while he watches and I'll knit.  And sometimes I play my crap TV reality shows and listen to them while I knit.  I guess it depends on whether I want to use my brain or not.

Today is the last day of the Knitting and Crochet Blog week.  I've really enjoyed being a part of it and being introduced to so many other bloggers.  I've also found it a challenge to try to keep the posts interesting.

To reward any of you who've made it through all of these posts, or even just this one:

Beneath the Rowan Tree is giving away a copy of my Lucia Sweater and Hat patterns to one person.  The giveaway ends tomorrow.  For more details, visit her blog here.  Lori has an amazing and beautiful selection of natural play items that she makes herself and I've followed her blog for a while.  Good luck to all those who enter!

1 comment:

  1. I love NPR too! Are you still in Maine? I visited once (Bar Harbor and Boothbay Harbor) and fell in love with the state!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...