Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 6 :: Something to aspire to


From Eskimimi Knits: "Is there a pattern or skill that you don’t yet feel ready to tackle but which you hope to (or think you can only dream of) tackling in the future, near or distant? Is there a skill or project that makes your mind boggle at the sheer time, dedication and mastery of the craft? Maybe the skill or pattern is one that you don’t even personally want to make but can stand back and admire those that do. Maybe it is something you think you will never be bothered to actually make bu can admire the result of those that have."

I'd love to be able to tackle a big, complicated lace project.  I just don't think I'm at a point in my life where I can do that.  I can only knit at the end of the day.  And by the end of the day I'm exhausted.  I've tried lace before and I make so many mistakes that I just get frustrated and give up.  



This Wisp is an example (if you read the project notes, note how optimistic I sounded).  I really loved the yarn, loved the color, and loved the pattern.  But I felt like I was knitting with sewing thread, and I kept dropping stitches and having to rip back to a lifeline.  I eventually got so frustrated by it all that I gave it to someone else to maybe continue working on.

I'd love to try lace again.  Maybe later this year.  Maybe in a few years.  I've got my eye on this beautiful Lace Tunic from Vogue Knitting.  I got a postcard in the mail as an advertisement for Vogue Knitting and it featured this pattern.  It looks so lovely, but so complicated, and so time consuming.  And if I'm ever going to actually wear it at a beach, I'd better start 2 or 3 years early.

1 comment:

  1. I want to do lace too. But does seem time consuming and a bit frustrating

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...