Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Yarn Along (#16)


Nothing new to report on the reading and knitting front.  Same stuff as last week.  But I'm enjoying it all.

My sweetest moment from this week was falling asleep on my daughter's bed as she read me a chapter from Charlotte's Web.  She didn't want to wake me because she wanted me to sleep on her bed all night.

It almost looks like I've been ignoring this scarf.  But I swear I've spent hours working on it.  I even brought it to a town meeting last night that lasted almost three hours.  I've never participated in a town meeting, but I'll sum it up by saying that there was a lot of "You're out of order" and "No! You're out of order" and motioning and seconding and, finally, voting.  I felt like I was watching a movie parodying small town life.

I'll just say that if, at a meeting to decide on the school budget, one needs to pull out a calculator to figure 1% of a number, then that's argument enough that we need to adequately fund our schools.  And someone did indeed need to consult a calculator for 1%.

I'd love to see what you're reading and knitting.  My "to read" and "to knit" list in getting longer as I read all of your entries every week.  Thank you!  And thanks to Ginny for hosting another Yarn Along.

********

And last week, Ginny announced that she was organizing Knit for Japan, an effort to collect 400 hats by July to distribute to those affected by the earthquakes and tsunami.  I'm offering two of my patterns at a discount, and donating my profits from their sales, for anyone who is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...