Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Yarn Along

I'm in the middle of testing a new mitten pattern that I've designed. One of my testers, who blogs here and who dyes gorgeous yarn at Sweet Basil Fibre Works on Etsy, recently posted as part of a yarn along. I'd never heard of a Yarn Along before, but some searching brought me to the blog Small Things.

A Yarn Along is a single photo that captures what you're reading and knitting or crocheting right now. When I took my pictures today, I forgot about the "single photo" concept. So here's my 2:

P1000185

P1000188



I'm reading The Woman in White, published in 1860 by Wilkie Collins, and have been since September when I got my Nook. I had to take a break from this book to read another, which I'm hoping explains why I'm moving so painfully slow on this one. I'm really enjoying this novel.

I'm knitting a Tickle Hat designed by Kristi Pyatt of Tree Frog Knits. This is the third Tickle Hat that I've knit in undyed organic cotton. I love that Knitpicks named this undyed yarn "Marshmallow." The picture below is of an earlier hat I knit.

4 comments:

  1. Your knitted hat is simply lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable hat and I, too, love the name of the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so kind, thank you with all my heart.
    Your knitting is absolutely beautiful & I'm so glad you've joined the yarn alongs.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...