Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2008

I dyed some yarn

Right after Christmas, my mother gave me one of those bulbs in a pot that are supposed to bloom in winter. Within 3 weeks, we had 4 beautiful amaryllis flowers brightening our kitchen. Each flower was mostly white with specs of bright pink and green. That was the inspiration for the 2 skeins of superwash merino I dyed last week:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I've really wanted to try superwash merino. It's a lot softer and smoother than most other merinos I've worked with. It's comparable to organic merino in softness, but it has a different feel. I'm currently knitting the skeins up into a pair of small shorties and will post pictures of them when they're finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...